Entering the Poultney Public Library implies agreement to abide by these guidelines while at the Library. Violation of any of these guidelines may subject the individual(s) to exclusion from the Library for a period of time.
Recognizing the need to maintain an environment suitable for reading, studying, browsing, and general use of library resources, the Poultney Public Library Board of Trustees establishes the following guidelines for library behavior to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all Library patrons and materials:
- Please respect people’s privacy and be considerate of others using the Library.
- Library materials and property must be treated with care to prevent damage and allow others to enjoy them. All Library materials must be checked out before leaving the building.
- Conversations, both in person and on the phone, should be quiet and polite. Abusive and offensive language is not permitted.
- Disorderly, disruptive, harassing, or threatening behavior is not permitted on Library premises.
- Smoking and littering are not permitted in the Library or on Library grounds.
- The Library telephone is available for public use in emergency situations or for parental notification only.
- Young children are not to be left unattended at the Library. Please see our Unattended Children Policy for more information.
- No soliciting.
- Excessive displays of affection are inappropriate behavior in the Library.