The Poultney Public Library offers free membership to all residents of and property owners in the Town of Poultney, VT. Membership is also available to citizens of surrounding towns.
Temporary residents and seasonal visitors may obtain a library card with a $5.00 refundable deposit.
Our collection includes more than 14,000 books, 340 audio books, 1200 DVDs, and 41 periodical subscriptions.
- Free membership for local residents
- Free 24/7 Wireless Internet Access
- 2 Public Access Computers
- Photocopies and printing for $0.10/page
- Free programs for all ages
- Borrowing privileges for books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, and passes.
- 8 Public Access Laptops
- Free downloadable audio books and e-books
- Free access to the Vermont Online Library Research Databases
- Free online classes through Universal Class
- Book delivery for home-bound patrons
- All circulating materials can be checked out for two weeks.
- All items may be returned in the drop box out front when the Library is closed.
- Items may be renewed twice, EXCEPT for movies and “New” adult fiction which are non-renewable.
- We do not charge late fees, however there is a charge of $1.00 per late notice sent.
- If you do not find the item you are looking for, ask, we may be able to borrow it from another Library.
- We offer a variety of programs for all ages. Watch the “Library News” board for information on upcoming events.
- If you have any questions, please ask a Librarian. We are here to help!