Public Library’s social media accounts are managed and monitored by the Library Director, in accordance with the policies set by the Poultney Public Library Board of Trustees.
Social media pages were created to keep the Poultney community, library patrons, and library supporters informed of Poultney Public Library events and news while engaging in positive and productive conversations through a limited public forum. As such, Poultney Public Library social media pages do not post items for other businesses, organizations, or non-profits.
By choosing to comment on Poultney Public Library’s social media posts, you agree that we reserve the right to remove content if your posts are deemed inappropriate due to the following:
- Profane or vulgar language or content;
- Content that degrades others in any way;
- Threatening or harassing postings;
- Personal attacks against other commenters on Poultney Public Library social media posts;
- False information that causes harm to an individual or organization;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Content that reveals private, personal information without permission (doxing);
- Inappropriate photographs, including but not limited to: photos involving alcohol, nudity, and scenes of graphic violence;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Copyright, trademark, and intellectual property violations; or
- Solicitations for commerce or fundraising.
We appreciate your adherence to these guidelines.
If you violate one or more of these guidelines, you may have your content removed. Poultney Public Library reserves the right to block your social media account(s) after 2 guideline violations.
Officially adopted October 18, 2022